To View the AEC Online Schedule: https://www2.eventsxd.com/event/5100/growingleadersdrivingchange/home
What is CEHA?
The Colorado Environmental Health Association was established in 1947 as the Rocky Mountain Section of the National Association of Sanitarians and enjoys an outstanding reputation statewide as an innovative, progressive organization dedicated to advancing the cause of general, professional or technical environmental health.
What is Environmental Health?
Environmental health is the science and practice of preventing human injury and illness as well as promoting well being through:
- Identifying and evaluation environmental sources and hazardous agents
- Limiting exposures to hazardous physical, chemical and biological agents in air, water, soil, food and other environmental media or settings
- Minimizing ecological impacts that maintain ecological balances essential to long-term human health and the environment
Environmental Health Programs May Include:
- Food Protection
- Onsite Wastewater System Installation and Repair
- Drinking Water Quality
- Air Quality
- Hazardous and Solid Waste
- Childcare Sanitation
- Recreational Water Quality
- Tattoo and Body Piercing Sanitation
- Zoonotic Diseases (West Nile Virus, Plague, Relapsing Fever, HantaVirus, etc.)
- Disaster Sanitation/Emergency Response
- Land Use
- Built Environment